PPP Seeking Part-time Fundraiser
Public Participation Project — Part-time Fundraiser
The Public Participation Project (PPP) seeks a part-time Fundraiser to spearhead its fundraising effort to get the start-up organization off the ground. PPP is building its campaign to secure federal anti-SLAPP legislation to protect the First Amendment rights of petition and speech. This legislation, if passed by Congress, will protect against SLAPPs (Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation). More than ninety organizations and businesses, and more than fifty prominent individuals, already support this effort. (http://www.anti-slapp.org/organizations-and-businesses/.) Please see www.anti-slapp.org for more information on PPP and its work.
This is a contract position, guaranteed for at least 3 months with the opportunity for extension based on fundraising success.
– Fundraising. Main duties will be working with the Board of Directors to establish a fundraising strategy, which includes, but is not limited to: 1) reaching out to all of the organizations who have already endorsed our efforts politically and turning their political support into financial support; 2) identifying new donors and making the ask; 3) managing PPP’s database for fundraising activities; 4) planning fundraising events; and 5) coordinating online donation opportunities.
– The ideal candidate will have significant experience with non-profit fundraising.
– Must be individually motivated, excited to build a project, and able to keep momentum.
– Must be able to wear many hats and be adept at relationship management — from the Board to the funders to other supporters.
– Looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
– Please send cover letter (including salary history and requirements and list of references), resume, and a writing sample, via email only to Evan Mascagni, at email@example.com. If you previously applied for a position at PPP and are interested in this one, please let us know.
– Applications accepted until position is filled.
– To be determined.